<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6613733?origin\x3dhttp://chenghuat.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>`
mUsIC
ChenghuaT
AHBand
Mus'Art Wind Orchestra
VJCSB
BassclarineT~BbclarineT
FriendS
-= iris =-
-= andy =-
-= suky =-
-= dawn =-
-= fiona =-
-= danny =-
-= yanagi =-
-= steffi =-
-= qi xin =-
-= shirley =-
-= elisia =-
-= bernie =-
-= janice =-
-= christa =-
-= shannie =-
-= vanessa =-
-= jasmine =-
-= pei qian =-
-= wen jia =-
-= lisabelle =-
-= christie =-
-= torrance =-
-= jun long =-
-= koh shing =-
-= jennifer =-
-= tien kwan =-
-= xiao quan =-
-= wei theng =-
-= sock ling =-

Thursday, September 27, 2007

It's a rainy day. I like the overall temperature of today though those of December last year were much nicer but not quite the amount of rain which came at the wrong times. I was just about to leave home when the rain suddenly got heavier. I thought it wouldn't last long but it got heavier until I was safely under the shelters of where I worked. A bigger umbrella did not really help much. My pants and socks were drenched. Thankfully my shirt was spared most of the moisture. The rain came again in the evening, again just before I left home. This time, I decided to change out of my pants and shoes into shorts and slippers before setting off but guess what, just as I thought that I will not be bothered by the rain, a crazy guy appeared.

He started off by calling me "friend" and asking me what the time was (in mandarin). Feeling too lazy to be bothered, I told him flatly that I did not have a watch with me. At that point of time, I believed that he was a perfectly sane person wanting to know the time, guessing that he was probably a Chinese national who does not own a handphone and did not put on his watch. Then he started to ask me if I knew which bus went to Jurong. This time, I truly did not know which bus went there from the bus stop I was at, and told him that. A series of questions followed before he finally left me alone. Then he started singing using the syllable "la" to a Chinese song by Ocean. After a while of humming, I suppose he got bored. He took out his phone (which probably has a clock) and played an mp3. At this point of time, I realised that he clearly has some problem up there. Then, he suddenly started repeating something like "Sorry, no more already. Sell finish already." in quite a few languages to passers by and also to the air. I was beginning to get afraid. To my horror and disgust, he had to board the same bus as me and shout to the driver that the air conditioning is too cold. After a few stops, I could no longer tolerate it and alighted the bus. I was supposed to switch to another bus but it had probably just left, meaning that I would be late for practice and would have to fast till probably the next morning. After a long while of consideration, I decided to head back home.

On the way back, I happened to run into a kind soul. I was really glad to meet this total stranger. I was at Bedok interchange waiting to cross the road to the hawker centre and the rain has already subsided into a light drizzle. She had an umbrella and asked me if I wanted to get across the road. I declined as I had an umbrella in my hand, just that I did not want to open it as I had quite a lot of things to carry in my hand already. I regret not thanking that kind stranger who readily offered to shelter another stranger across the road. How nice it would be if there are more of such people in Singapore.

I shall stop here for today.



ChenghuaT blogged on 9/27/2007 10:57:00 pm

Comments: Post a Comment
TagboarD





ArchiveS
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
September 2009




Google
Web this blog


Powered by Blogger



Best viewed using Mozilla Firefox.