<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6613733?origin\x3dhttp://chenghuat.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>`
mUsIC
ChenghuaT
AHBand
Mus'Art Wind Orchestra
VJCSB
BassclarineT~BbclarineT
FriendS
-= iris =-
-= andy =-
-= suky =-
-= dawn =-
-= fiona =-
-= danny =-
-= yanagi =-
-= steffi =-
-= qi xin =-
-= shirley =-
-= elisia =-
-= bernie =-
-= janice =-
-= christa =-
-= shannie =-
-= vanessa =-
-= jasmine =-
-= pei qian =-
-= wen jia =-
-= lisabelle =-
-= christie =-
-= torrance =-
-= jun long =-
-= koh shing =-
-= jennifer =-
-= tien kwan =-
-= xiao quan =-
-= wei theng =-
-= sock ling =-

Saturday, July 03, 2004

I'm getting bored at home doing nothing. I should start getting myself to practice the piano again. The last time I played on my piano was two weeks ago, not taking into account of today's piano lesson.

I had quite a busy week, especially during the first few days of the week. I had so much homework to complete and so many places to rush to the moment something finishes. Luckily, I managed to complete most of my homework on time but I had to do with less sleep.

I guess I did not write much during the week so I shall try to recall as much as I can, what happened during the week. On Monday, the public announcement system was not working and the people on the stage were shouting, trying to get the attention of the students but it did not work too well. The timetable was changed once again, making it at least the third or fourth time this year that the timetable is changed. Can't they spend a little more time planning the timetable so that it can last for the whole year? After school I took a cab to Dunman High for my music lesson. This time, it cost $7.10, quite a considerable amount more than the usual amount. We did nothing much there other than doing part of last year's preliminary papers and one listening exercise. A very long tiring day.

Tuesday was another day for homework rushing. Nothing special took place in school other than the introduction of a few new teachers who have joined the school. Nothing much happened after school either. The band room was so empty that I can use my fingers to count the number of people in it. Those who were inside were not doing anything much either, so I decided to lock it and go home early to get some rest. After that I went for tuition. We were still having lessons on vectors. There was this blackout that affected a third of Singapore. I am one of the lucky ones who wasn't affected by it.

I can't really remember what happened on Wednesday. The only thing I can recall after thinking hard for 5 minutes is that the sports day heats were held after school. I guess the only events that Band got through are the B division girls and boys 4 X 100m, B division boys 4 X 400m (we auto-qualified for it because only 8 teams turned up at the heats), and a few other individual events. That means that I will have to run for the 400m event, and both the relay events. I don't think I am fit enough to do that. After the heats, I went back to band room. Junior band was not very productive but I must say that the sec 3s are quite efficient in getting things done because on the night before, everything was still not done but the next day, they managed to get quite some things done.

Thursday was the start of July, and also the start of the 'O' Level Chinese oral examination. Thankfully, I was not down for oral on the first day. I had sectional after school though. It was not very productive. Less than a third of the section turned up and we started only at around 4pm. Everything they have gained during the holidays seemed to have been lost through the one week where they did not touch their instruments.

Friday was the day I sat for my oral examination. I was the second person on the list, taking the examination on the second day. Not very much of a frightening experience but it was enough to make me forget everything that I have tried to squeeze into my brain before going into the library. I even felt as though I was in an anti-gravity chamber when I was sitting on the chair, having the conversation with the examiners. I hope that I will be able to get a good grade for the oral. I went for band after that. Band room was fully packed. It was the first time I experienced how it was like to just stand, listen, and try to teach someone the right thing. One week of not touching their instruments really creates a disaster.

As for today, I had the listening paper in the morning. The best part of it was that I realised that I had left my pencil case at home just as I was within walking distance from school. I was too lazy to ask my father to turn round and bring me home to get my pencil case so I decided to borrow a pencil and an eraser. Luckily for me, Vanessa lent me a pencil and Torrance managed to borrow an eraser from her friend for me. I must thank all these people. The listening paper was tough, maybe it was because I was a little nervous and not focused enough. I had problems concentrating on the paper somehow. Anyway, I think I have already made at least 3 mistakes.

After that, a few sec 3s went with me to take a look at the venue for our performance on the 24 July before going back to band room where they continued to learn the dance for sports day. We went for lunch at around 12 plus and I went home for my piano lesson. All thanks to my sister, I had to take 2 lessons this week, and after that, I had to go for tuition. I did not really do much there because I was already quite tired and I did not feel like pushing myself anymore.

I think that should be about all that happened this week. If it's not all, I cannot be bothered to crack my brain anymore because I have spent the last hour typing all the above things while watching the television and some news. 3 separate blackouts in Singapore since Tuesday.

Hopefully there won't be anymore blackouts.



ChenghuaT blogged on 7/03/2004 10:19:00 pm

Comments: Post a Comment
TagboarD





ArchiveS
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
September 2009




Google
Web this blog


Powered by Blogger



Best viewed using Mozilla Firefox.